Approximately 48 million Americans are sickened with food poisoning every year, according to the CDC. Salmonella is one of the leading causes of food poisoning. Although healthy adults usually recover without requiring hospitalization, salmonellosis can be life-threatening or deadly — especially for young people, the elderly, and people with a weak immune system.
Do I Have a Food Poisoning Lawsuit? Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged.If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with Salmonella, you should contact our lawyers immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a lawsuit in Texas.
Salmonella Outbreaks & Recalls 2019
- August 2019 — Dole Baby Spinach
- July 2019 — Taco seasoning
- July 2019 — Fennel Seeds
- July 2019 — Pig ear dog treats
- June 2019 — Cavi® Papayas from Mexico
- May 2019 — Tahini
- April 2019 — Jensen Frozen Ground Tuna
- April 2019 — Pre-cut melon bowls from Target, Trader Joe’s, Kroger, Walmart, Amazon/Whole Foods
- March 2019 — Butterball Ground Turkey
- January 2019 — Whole Foods Recalls Salads, Pizzas, Sandwiches and Wraps Containing Baby Spinach
- January 2019 — Hy-Vee cheesecake
Salmonella Outbreaks & Recalls 2018
- November 2018 — Achdut Tahini and Hummus
- November 2018 — Cap’n Crunch Peanut Butter Crunch Cereal
- November 2018 — Jennie-O Raw Ground Turkey
- November 2018 — Raw Turkey
- November 2018 — Barcelona Pistachio Nuts
- November 2018 — Duncan Hines Cake Mix
- October 2018 — Trader Joe’s Salads & Burritos
- October 2018 — Taquitos
- October 2018 — Jenny Craig BBQ Chicken Wraps
- October 2018 — Bazzini’s Pistachios
- October 2018 — Walmart and JBS Tolleson Ground Beef
- September 2018 — Gravel Ridge Farms Eggs
- September 2018 — Pasha Mediterranean Grill
- September 2018 — Empire kosher chicken
- July 2018 — Hungry Man Dinners
- July 2018 — Goldfish Crackers
- July 2018 — Swiss Rolls
- July 2018 — Ritz Cracker Sandwiches and Ritz Bitz
- July 2018 — Hy-Vee Pasta Salad
- June 2018 — Honey Smacks cereal
- June 2018 — Pre-cut watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew melons
- June 2018 — Ruby’s Pantry Chicken
- April 2018 — Eggs
- April 2018 — Kratom
- March 2018 — Coconut
- February 2018 — Fareway chicken salad
- February 2018 — Burrito Delight
- January 2018 — Jimmy Johns Raw Sprouts
Salmonella Recalls 2017
Salmonella Recalls 2016
- August 10, 2016 — Alfalfa Sprouts Extraordinaire
- July 29, 2016 — Chapel Hill Creamery cheese
- June 8, 2016 — Nature Made vitamins
- March 10, 2016 — Trader Joe’s and Wonderful Pistachios
- February 19, 2016 — Alfalfa Sprouts from Sweetwater Farms
- February 4, 2016 — Garden of Life RAW Shakes
- January 18, 2016 — Trader Joe’s Raw Cashew Pieces
Salmonella Recalls 2015
- December 3, 2015 — JEM Raw Chocolate Nut Butters
- October 14, 2015 — Dole Spinach
- October 6, 2015 — Texas Star Nut and Food Co. Macadamia nuts
- October 2, 2015 — Aspen Foods Frozen Chicken
- September 8, 2015 — Cucumbers
- August 14, 2015 — Whole hogs for BBQ pig-roasts
- July 29, 2015 — Kroger Co. seasonings (garlic powder, bacon bits, black pepper, and cinnamon)
- July 16, 2015 — Frozen Chicken
- July 13, 2015 — Barber Foods Frozen Chicken
- July 7, 2015 — Antioch Farms Chicken Cordon Bleu
- June 26, 2015 — Whole Foods macadamia nuts
- May 22, 2015 — Raw tuna in sushi
- April 28, 2015 — Raw pine nuts
- April 20, 2015 — Whole Foods Macadamia Nuts
- April 10, 2015 — Macadamia nuts
- March 30, 2015 — Aurora Products Inc. walnuts, trail mix, nut products
- March 20, 2015 — Wegmans Organic Walnut Halves & Pieces
- March 17, 2015 — Garlic Powder
- March 17, 2015 — Trader Joe’s Walnuts
- February 5, 2015 — Whole Foods Macadamia Nuts
What is Salmonella?
The Salmonella bacteria can cause a severe, life-threatening illness known as “salmonellosis” when it is ingested in contaminated food or water.
Salmonellosis is one of the most common types of food poisoning in the United States. According to the CDC, there are 40,000 confirmed cases of salmonellosis every year. However, because many cases are never reported, there may actually be as many as 1.4 million salmonella food poisoning cases per year.
There are many different strains of Salmonella bacteria, and they like to grow in the intestines of humans and animals. If this contaminated fecal matter comes in contact with food, anyone who eats the food could accidentally ingest the salmonella bacteria.
What is the problem?
Salmonella food poisoning can be life-threatening. The risk is greatest for young children, the elderly, pregnant women, and people with a weak immune system (such as those who are already sick, or undergoing cancer treatment).
The CDC estimates that 8 out of 1000 cases are deadly, and approximately 600 people die of salmonella food poisoning every year.
The most common sources of salmonella food poisoning include raw or undercooked eggs, poultry, meat, raw seafood (sushi), raw milk products, or contaminated water. Sometimes, fruits and vegetables are contaminated by salmonella in the field where they are grown (cantaloupes are especially susceptible to salmonella because of their porous surface). Handling live chicks, ducklings, or poultry is also a common source of infection.
Healthy adults usually recover from salmonellosis within seven days, and rarely require hospitalization. In severe cases, however, salmonella food poisoning can be life-threatening. Severe complications include Reiter’s Syndrome (reactive arthritis), dehydration, blood infections, and gastrointestinal bleeding. A salmonella infection can also cause inflammation of the membranes surrounding the brain and spinal cord (meningitis). This can cause seizures, severe injury, and death.
Symptoms of salmonella food poisoning typically begin within 12 to 72 hours after ingesting the bacteria, and may include:
- Abdominal pain
- Diarrhea (which may be bloody or watery)
- Muscle cramps
- Blood in the stools
- Reiter’s syndrome (reactive arthritis)
- Severe infection
Do I have a Food Poisoning Lawsuit in Texas?
Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged.
Collen’s amazing success in the courtroom and well known dedication to his clients has earned him the recognition of his peers as one of The Top Trial Lawyers in Texas.”
The Clark Firm has assembled a team of trial lawyers with more than 100 years experience, participation in over 600 jury trials and $260 million in verdicts and/or settlements. Please use the form below to contact us for a free Texas food poisoning lawsuit review.