Few jobs are as dangerous as drilling for oil. Sadly, oilfield and oil rig accidents have increased dramatically over the years. As petroleum reserves become increasingly scarce, oil companies have cut corners and pushed workers beyond their limits with overtime and double shifts. In an environment characterized by speed, greed and bad judgment, tragic injuries often result.
The Clark Firm, LLP Obtains $14.6 Million in Oil Field Accident Lawsuits
In a 20-month span, Collen A. Clark has successfully obtained $22 million on behalf of injured clients. Over $13 million was awarded in two oil field accident lawsuits:
- $9.2 million settlement to an oil field worker who lost the use of his left leg after a truck backed into him. Click here to read more.
- $3.5 million settlement to an oil field worker who was severely injured when a pipe he was welding fell onto his legs. Click here to read more.
- $1.9 million awarded to an 83 year-old mother with 11 children after an oil field worker ran a red light.
What Makes Oil Field Work So Dangerous?
From the initial exploration to the end refining of the petroleum, everything about the oil industry is potentially dangerous. Modern seismic exploration often includes low flying helicopters and the use of explosives. Drilling involves heavy equipment, high pressures, fatigued workers and tight schedules. The refining of the product involves an extreme risk of explosion and burns. Overshadowing everything is the large dollars at stake and the huge potential profits involved which oftentimes causes safety to be pushed aside.
How Do Oil Field Accidents Happen?
An oilfield accident may be caused by:
- Corporate failure to take reasonable precaution to avoid accidents
- Improper employee training
- Improper maintenance of equipment
- Defective products and machinery
- Drug and alcohol abuse
- Negligent operation
Do I Have an Oil Field Accident Lawsuit?
Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged.
Collen’s amazing success in the courtroom and well known dedication to his clients has earned him the recognition of his peers as one of The Top Trial Lawyers in Texas.
The Clark Firm has assembled a team of trial lawyers with more that 100 years experience, participation in over 600 jury trials and $260 million in verdicts and/or settlements. Please use the form below to contact us for a free case review.