Propecia orgasm disorders are some of the most severe, debilitating sexual side effects of this drug. They occur when a man cannot orgasm, or requires 30-45 minutes of sexual stimulation to orgasm. The FDA has recently announced that it will be updating the drug safety information on Propecia to warn of Propecia orgasm disorders, ejaculation disorders, and erectile dysfunction. In some cases, these side effects may persist for months or indefinitely after Propecia is stopped, which can severely harm a man’s quality of life.
Do I Have a Propecia Lawsuit? Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged. If you or a loved one has suffered from a Propecia orgasm disorder, you should contact our lawyers immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a Propecia orgasm disorder lawsuit.
April 11, 2012: Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced that it will be updating the warning information on Propecia and Proscar. The FDA has received hundreds of reports from men who were suffering severe, persistent sexual side effects, including Propecia orgasm disorders. The new labels will warn about the risk of persistent erectile dysfunction, ejaculation disorders, and orgasm disorders that continue even after Propecia treatment is stopped. Click here to read the FDA statement.
Propecia is a prescription medication used to treat hair-loss associated with male-pattern baldness. It contains 1-mg of finasteride, a drug that inhibits 5-alpha reductase, an enzyme that the body requires to convert testosterone into dihydrotestosterone (DHT). In men with genetic male-pattern baldness, their hair follicles gradually stop producing hair after prolonged exposure to DHT. Propecia lowers DHT levels by at least 75%, which effectively stops hair loss, and may even promote hair-growth in some men. The problem with Propecia is that it makes massive changes to a man’s hormonal system, and in some cases, this causes severe sexual side effects.
Propecia Orgasm Disorders
Propecia has been linked to many side effects that can harm a man’s sexual, mental, and physical health. A Propecia orgasm disorder may be exacerbated by other disorders, including decreased sensation in the penis, loss of libido, decreased semen volume, depression, or physical changes that make sexual intercourse difficult or impossible.
When a man has an orgasm disorder (or “delayed ejaculation”), he is either unable to orgasm, or requires at least 30-45 minutes of sexual stimulation to orgasm. This can cause severe adverse effects on a man’s quality of life.
Propecia orgasm disorders can be difficult to treat. Long-term prognosis depends on the severity of the underlying cause or causes of an orgasm disorder. Partner therapy has shown to be highly effective. However, pervasive biological orgasm disorders can be extremely difficult to treat.
Studies of Propecia Orgasm Disorders
- In 2011, the Journal of Sexual Medicine published a study conducted by researchers at the Boston University School of Medicine. These researchers found that Propecia orgasm disorders may be far more pervasive and persistent than previously thought. They found that 15% of men taking Propecia suffered from decreased libido, orgasm disorders, or erectile dysfunction. This rate was double the 7% of sexual side effects experienced by men taking a placebo.
- If you took Propecia, you may have read this warning on the label: “In clinical studies for Propecia, a small number of men experienced certain sexual side effects, such as less desire for sex, difficulty in achieving an erection, or a decrease in the amount of semen. Each of these side effects occurred in less than 2% of men and went away in men who stopped taking Propecia.” The Boston University study adds to the evidence that the actual number of men who suffer sexual side effects may be higher than 2%, and even more troubling, Propecia orgasm disorders and other side effects may persist for months after Propecia is discontinued.
Propecia Side Effects
- Sexual side effects
- Male breast cancer
- High-grade Prostate Cancer
- Erectile dysfunction (impotence)
- Loss of libido
- Decreased sensation in the penis
- Difficulty orgasming
- Decreased semen volume
- Body disfigurement
- Gynecomastia (growth of male breast tissue)
- Genital shrinkage
- Penile fibrosis
- Decreased muscle mass
- Increased female-pattern fat deposits
- Endocrine System Crash
- Emotional trauma, psychological damage
- Post-Finasteride Syndrome
Do I have a Propecia Lawsuit?
Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged.
Collen’s amazing success in the courtroom and well known dedication to his clients has earned him the recognition of his peers as one of The Top Trial Lawyers in Texas.”
The Clark Firm has assembled a team of trial lawyers with more than 100 years experience, participation in over 600 jury trials and $60 million in verdicts and/or settlements. Please use the form below to contact us for a free Propecia orgasm disorder lawsuit review.