October 27, 2021 — A family from San Antonio, Texas has filed a lawsuit after a boy was infected with Salmonella after eating at Torchy’s Tacos.
The lawsuit was filed by Ching-Yi O., the mother of a young boy who was infected with Salmonella Oranienburg after eating onions.
As of October 18, the onion salmonella outbreak has infected at least 652 people in 37 states, including 158 people in Texas, according to the CDC.
The boy ate at Torchy’s Tacos on August 21 and developed symptoms 6 days later, according to the complain: “His symptoms progressed over the next 10 days with increasing intensity. He developed a fever, diarrhea and intense pain in his lower back.”
Unfortunately, his condition worsened considerably until he was hospitalized in the Pediatric ICU.
The infection caused him to develop sepsis, organ failure, pneumonia, extreme pain, and other injuries. He continues to be treated daily with long-term IV antibiotics.
The lawsuit was filed against the owner of Torchy’s Tacos (Success Foods Management Group LLC) and the company that imported the onions from Mexico (ProSource Produce LLC).
The lawsuit was filed in the U.S. District Court of Bexar County, Texas — Case Number 2021CI21491.
Need an Onion Salmonella Lawyer in Texas?
Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged.
Collen’s amazing success in the courtroom and well known dedication to his clients has earned him the recognition of his peers as one of The Top Trial Lawyers in Texas.”
The Clark Firm has assembled a team of trial lawyers with more than 100 years experience, participation in over 600 jury trials and $260 million in verdicts and/or settlements. Please use the form below to contact our law firm for a free case review.