Oskri® and Thrive® have recalled certain lots of organic sunflower butter and tahini butter due to a risk of food poisoning with Listeria monocytogenes bacteria.
Need a Texas Food Poisoning Lawyer? Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged. If you or a loved one was diagnosed with Listeria after eating recalled food, you should contact our lawyers immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a lawsuit.
UPDATE: Oskri Recalls ALL Nut Butters for Listeria Risk
January 2019 — Oskri Organics has recalled all nut butters after multiple products tested positive for Listeria contamination. The recalled nut butters include: Almond, Cashew, Coconut, Peanut (all flavor varieties), Pumpkin, Sunflower, and Tahini. Click here to read more.
The recall includes ALL Oskri Corporation nut butters with “Best By” dates of June 2020 (6/20) and earlier. They were distributed in Texas and other states: New York, Michigan, California, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Wisconsin, New Hampshire, Illinois, Florida, Massachusetts,, Arizona, Indiana, Idaho, Oregon, South Carolina, and Rhode Island.
The following products are subject to recall:
- Organic Peanut Creamy – 666016316285
- Organic Peanut Crunchy – 666016316469
- Organic Peanut Espresso – 666016401103
- Organic Peanut Chia Flax – 666016401097
- Organic Peanut Honey Sea Salt – 666016400724
- Organic Peanut Spicy Cayenne – 666016401110
- Almond Creamy – 666016401318
- Almond Crunchy – 666016316452
- Almond Chia Flax – 666016401127
- Cashew – 666016316476
- Cashew Coconut – 666016401141
- Organic Pumpkin Seed Butter – 666016316841
- Organic Sunflower Butter – 666016316308
- Organic Tahini Butter – 666016316292
- Hazelnut Cacao Spread – 666016401134
- Almond Coconut – 666016401882
- Organic Peanut Coconut – 666016401899
- Organic Coconut Butter – 666016401905
- Peanut Butter Mixed Berry – 666016401912
- Pouch Organic Peanut Creamy – 666016401592
- Pouch Organic Peanut Espresso Cacao – 666016401622
- Pouch Organic Peanut Honey Sea Salt – 666016401615
- Pouch Organic Peanut Spicy Cayenne – 666016401646
- Pouch Organic Tahini Butter – 666016401639
- Pouch Almond Creamy – 666016401653
- Pouch Cashew Coconut – 666016401691
- Pouch Hazelnut Cacao Spread – 666016401608
- Bulk Organic Peanut Creamy – 666016401714
- Bulk Organic Peanut Crunchy – 666016401721
- Bulk Organic Peanut Espresso – 666016401738
- Bulk Organic Peanut Chia Flax – 666016401745
- Bulk Organic Peanut Honey Sea Salt – 666016401752
- Bulk Organic Peanut Spicy Cayenne Honey – 666016401769
- Bulk Almond Creamy – 666016401776
- Bulk Almond Crunchy – 666016401783
- Bulk Almond Chia Flax – 666016401790
- Bulk Cashew – 666016401806
- Bulk Cashew Coconut – 666016401813
- Bulk Organic Pumpkin Seed Butter – 666016401820
- Bulk Organic Sunflower Butter – 666016401837
- Bulk Organic Tahini Butter – 666016401844
- Bulk Hazelnut Cacao Spread – 666016401851
Organic Tahini Butter and Sunflower Butter Recall
January 2, 2019 — Oskri Organic Corp. of Lake Mills, Wisconsin has announced a voluntary recall for certain sunflower butter and tahini butter products after a customer reported that a random sample tested positive for contamination with the bacteria Listeria monocytogenes.
What is the Problem?
No illnesses were confirmed in connection with the recall, but infections with Listeria can be very serious or deadly — especially for young children, older adults, and people with vulnerable immune systems. Pregnant women may also suffer miscarriages.
What Products Were Recalled?
The recall involves the following organic tahini butter and sunflower butter products in 16-ounce jars:
- Oskri Organic Sunflower Butter Lot #099, and a UPC number of 666016401295 — Distributed in Ohio
- Oskri Tahini Butter LOT #193, and a UPC number of 666016401301 — Distributed in CA, AZ, GA, CT, IN, TX, FL, ID, SC, NH.
- Thrive Sunflower Butter LOT #233, and a UPC number of 671635704825 — Distributed in Indiana.
What Should I Do?
The recalled butters may have a shelf-life more than 1 year in the future. Oskri is asking consumers to immediately destroy them.
Consumers with questions may contact Oskri at (920) 648-8300, Hours phone will be answered are Monday through Friday: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, or via email at (email@example.com).
Symptoms of Listeriosis
Listeria monocytogenes is a bacteria that can cause a severe food poisoning illness called listeriosis. The symptoms may not appear for up to 70 days and may include high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain, or diarrhea.
Need a Food Poisoning Lawyer in Texas?
Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged.
Collen’s amazing success in the courtroom and well known dedication to his clients has earned him the recognition of his peers as one of The Top Trial Lawyers in Texas.”
The Clark Firm has assembled a team of trial lawyers with more than 100 years experience, participation in over 600 jury trials and $260 million in verdicts and/or settlements. Please use the form below to contact our law firm for a free case review.