In recent years, millions of dressers, chests, TVs and other furniture have been recalled because they are dangerously unstable. Over 450 children have died in tip-over tragedies since 2000 in the U.S.
Need a Texas Furniture Tip-Over Lawyer? Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged. If your child was injured or died when recalled furniture tipped over, you should contact our lawyers immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a lawsuit.
CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Dresser Falls on 3-Year Old Girl
What is the Problem?
Children love to pull out the drawers on furniture to climb up and reach things. The problem is that unstable furniture can easily tip over and cause severe injury or death. Children can be crushed or trapped underneath. TVs and other falling heavy objects can also be deadly.
What Types of Furniture Commonly Tip Over?
- Dressers & chests
- TV stands
What Can I Do?
Tip-over tragedies can be prevented by securing furniture to the wall with an anti-tip device, anchoring kit, or straps. Please visit How To Anchor It to learn how easy and inexpensive it is to anchor your furniture and TVs.
Furniture Recalls for Tip-Over & Entrapment Hazards
- January 2021 — CB2 Junction Tall Chests and Low Drawers (10 tip-over incidents, no injuries reported)
- January 2021 — Noble House Home Furnishings (Luna Acacia Wood Four Drawer Chest, Glendora Brown Mahogany Wood Four Drawer Storage Dresser, Paulus Mid-Century Modern Cabinet, Gladys Mid-Century Modern Cabinet, Pavona Mid-Century Modern Cabinet, Penrod Mid-Century Modern Cabinet, Mavis Mid-Century Modern Cabinet)
- December 2020 — Homfa Cabinets (HPB-087 and HPB-106)
- November 2020 — Walker Edison Drawer Chests, and Spencer 4-Drawer Chests
- August 2020 — Essential Home Belmont 2.0 Four-Drawer Dresser (Kmart)
- June 2020 — Modus Brighton, Travis and Bevelle dressers
- May 2020 — Herman Miller and Design Within Reach — Nelson and Lauki Dressers and Cabinets
- May 2020 — Hodedah HI4DR 4-drawer chests
- May 2020 — Prepac 4-drawer chests
- April 2020 — Joybird “Blythe” Dressers
- March 2020 — Homestar Finch 3-Drawer Dressers
- March 2020 — IKEA Kullen 3-Drawer Chests (820,000 chests recalled after 6 tip-over incidents, including 2 minor injuries)
- February 2020 — Safavieh Aura and Silas 3-Drawer Chests
- February 2020 — Home Depot Home Decorators Collection Print Block 4-Drawer Whitewash Chest
- January 2020 — Hodedah HI4DR four-drawer dresser
- December 2019 — Hillsdale Furniture – Chadwick and Bailey 5-drawer dressers sold at Bob’s Discount Furniture
- October 2019 — Ridgewood Belmont 4-drawer dressers sold at Kmart and Sears
- June 2016 — IKEA MALM dressers
- September 2014 — JVC 42″ Flat-Screen TVs
- And more
IKEA Recalls 29 Million Dressers After Tip-Overs Kill 6 Children
In June 2016, IKEA recalled 29 million dressers and chests due to a tip-over hazard. At least 8 children died in tragic tip-over accidents and hundreds of children have been injured by IKEA furniture. Click here to read more.
IKEA Pays $100 Million Settlements in Dresser Tip-Over Death
In January 2020, IKEA agreed to pay a $46 million settlement to the parents of a 2-year-old boy in California who died when a recalled dresser fell on him. The payout is the largest settlement for the death of a child in U.S. history.
In 2016, IKEA also paid a $50 million settlement to the families of 3 other toddlers who died in similar tip-over accidents involving IKEA’s recalled MALM dressers. The families lived in Minnesota, Pennsylvania and Washington State.
Need a Furniture Tip-Over Lawyer in Texas?
Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged.
Collen’s amazing success in the courtroom and well known dedication to his clients has earned him the recognition of his peers as one of The Top Trial Lawyers in Texas.”
The Clark Firm has assembled a team of trial lawyers with more than 100 years experience, participation in over 600 jury trials and $260 million in verdicts and/or settlements. Please use the form below to contact our law firm for a free case review.