Do you have a DTaP vaccine injury claim? In rare cases, the DTaP vaccine can cause a life-threatening allergic reaction, permanent brain damage, seizures, permanent disability, or death. If you, your child, or your loved one has been injured by this vaccine, you are not alone. You may be entitled to up to $250,000 in financial compensation if you decide to file a DTaP vaccine lawsuit.
Do I Have a DTaP Vaccine Lawsuit? Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged. If you or a loved one has been injured by the DTaP vaccine, you should contact our lawyers immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a DTaP Vaccine lawsuit.
DTaP Vaccine Overview
The DTaP vaccine is a childhood vaccine that immunizes against the following diseases:
- Diphtheria: This highly-contagious bacterial disease infects the upper respiratory tract. It can cause a thick, fibrous covering in the back of the throat, which can block the victim’s airway.
- Tetanus (lockjaw): This disease is caused by the spores of a bacteria that lives in the soil all over the world. It usually enters the body through a cut or scrape. Once inside the body, the bacteria produces a powerful neurotoxin which can cause muscles all over the body to become immobile. The toxin can also cause severe muscle spasms that can break bones or tear muscles.
- Pertussis (whooping cough): This disease causes severe, uncontrollable fits of coughing that can interfere with breathing, eating, drinking, or swallowing. The nickname “whooping cough” comes from the sound people make while they are gasping for air between coughs.
Most children receive five doses of the DTaP vaccine, beginning in infancy. Experts recommend a vaccination schedule at 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, 15-18 months, and 4-6 years of age. There are currently three FDA-approved brands of DTaP — Daptacel, Tripedia, and Infanrix. Most school districts require proof of vaccination before the child is allowed to start school. The booster shot for DTaP is the Tdap vaccine.
In the United States, the DTaP vaccine replaced the DTP vaccine in 2004. The differences is that the DTP vaccine contains whole cells of Bordetella pertussis, which causes whooping cough, whereas the DTaP contains “acellular” pertussis (hence the “a” in DTaP). The acellular pertussis is associated with a slightly lower risk of side effects.
DTaP Vaccine Side Effects
Side effects of the DTaP vaccine are far more rare than the disease that the vaccine prevents. However, side effects do occur. They can cause severe injury, permanent disability, and even death. It is estimated that one in 1,000,000 children has a life-threatening allergic reaction, one in 14,000 has a seizure, and one in 16,000 children has a high fever. Other severe side effects are so rare that experts do not know exactly how often they occur.
Contact The Clark Firm, LLP if you or your loved one has suffered any DTaP vaccine side effect. Serious side effects of the DTaP vaccine may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Allergic reaction, which may be life-threatening
- Breathing difficulties
- Severe pain and swelling at the injection site
- Severe fatigue, tiredness, lack of appetite, or vomiting
- Brachial neuritis (neurological and muscular disease)
- Seizures (jerking or staring)
- Lifelong seizure disorders
- Brain damage
- Fever (higher than 105 degrees)
- Lowered consciousness
- And more
DTaP Vaccine Injury Claim
If you, your child, or your loved one was injured by the DTaP vaccine, you are not alone. The federal government has set up a special program to compensate the victims of vaccine injuries. Funded by a $0.75 tax on all vaccines, the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP) has paid more than $2.4 billion to the victims of vaccine injuries since 1989.
The VICP is a no-fault compensation program, which means that you do not need to prove that anyone is responsible for your vaccine injury. You only need to convince the court that there is a high probability that your injury was caused by the vaccine.
To make the best case possible, most people decide to hire a qualified vaccine injury attorney to handle their case. If you believe that you are the victim of a vaccine injury, contact The Clark Firm, LLP today. You could be eligible for up to $250,000 in financial compensation by filing a DTaP vaccine lawsuit.
Do I have a DTaP Vaccine Lawsuit?
Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged.
Collen’s amazing success in the courtroom and well known dedication to his clients has earned him the recognition of his peers as one of The Top Trial Lawyers in Texas.”
The Clark Firm has assembled a team of trial lawyers with more than 100 years experience, participation in over 600 jury trials and $60 million in verdicts and/or settlements. Please use the form below to contact us for a free DTaP Vaccine Lawsuit review.