If you or a loved one has been injured by the Tdap Vaccine, you may have a Tdap vaccine lawsuit and qualify for up to $250,000 in financial compensation. In very rare cases, the Tdap vaccine can cause severe side effects, including life-threatening allergic reactions, brain damage, high fever, seizures, and more. To help the victims of vaccine injuries, the U.S. government has set up a special fund called the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP). To date, the VICP has paid more than $2.4 billion to the victims of vaccine injuries.
Do I Have a Tdap Vaccine Lawsuit? Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged. If you or a loved one has been injured by the Tdap Vaccine, you should contact our lawyers immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a Tdap Vaccine Lawsuit.
Tdap Vaccine Overview
The Tdap vaccine is an immunization against the following illnesses:
- Tetanus (lockjaw): This illness occurs when bacterial spores enter the body, usually through a wound, where they produce a powerful neurotoxin. This poison interrupts nerve signals to muscles, resulting in “locked up” muscles that may spasm so severely that they break bones.
- Diphtheria: This highly-contagious upper respiratory tract infection is easily spread through the air or even contaminated food. It often affects the nose and throat, where it causes a thick, fibrous, gray-black covering that can obstruct the throat.
- Pertussis (whooping cough): There are often outbreaks of this highly-contagious disease in the U.S., which begin among people who have not been vaccinated or received a booster shot. Whooping cough is named for the “whooping” sound people make when they are gasping for air between uncontrollable fits of severe coughing.
The Tdap vaccine is not the same as the DTaP vaccine. Both vaccines prevent the same three illnesses, but they are given at different times. DTaP is actually five separate shots given during childhood, whereas Tdap is one shot given during adolescence or adulthood.
Most people in the U.S. get the Tdap vaccine before entering high school. Experts also recommend getting this vaccine if you are a healthcare worker, regularly come in contact with infants, or for new mothers who have never had the Tdap vaccine.
Tdap Vaccine Side Effects
In rare cases, the Tdap vaccine can cause severe, life-threatening, or deadly side effects. These side effects are far less common than the disease this vaccine prevents, but they do occasionally happen.
Tdap side effects are usually caused by the pertussis part of the vaccine. Therefore, experts warn that people who have had a bad reaction to the DTaP vaccine as children should not get the Tdap vaccine, and should talk to their doctor about what other vaccines may be available. The Td vaccine, for example, does not contain pertussis.
Even people who did not have a bad reaction to the DTaP can suffer severe side effects from the Tdap vaccine. If you have any questions about whether your Tdap vaccine side effect qualifies you for a Tdap vaccine lawsuit, contact The Clark Firm, LLP today.
Serious Tdap vaccine side effects may include, but are not limited to:
- Allergic reaction, which may be life-threatening
- Breathing difficulties
- Severe pain and swelling at the injection site
- Severe fatigue, tiredness, lack of appetite, or vomiting
- Brachial neuritis (neurological and muscular disease)
- Seizures (jerking or staring)
- Seizure disorder which may be permanent and cause serious injury
- Brain damage
- Fever (higher than 105 degrees)
- Guillain-Barré Syndrome
- Lowered consciousness
- And more
Tdap Vaccine Injury Claims
If you have suffered a serious Tdap vaccine side effect, you may wish to file a Tdap vaccine injury claim. You could be eligible for up to $250,000 for your past and future pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost income, and more. Contact The Clark Firm, LLP today for more information.
If you file a claim, the matter will go before a special Vaccine Court in Washington D.C. There, a panel of experts will decide whether there is a high probability that the vaccine caused your injury. If so, they will determine how much compensation to award your claim. The Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP) has paid more than $2.4 billion to settle vaccine injury claims since it was established in 1989. Unfortunately, you have a limited amount of time to file your Tdap vaccine lawsuit. Contact a vaccine injury attorney at The Clark Firm, LLP immediately for more information.
Do I have a Tdap Vaccine Lawsuit?
Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged.
Collen’s amazing success in the courtroom and well known dedication to his clients has earned him the recognition of his peers as one of The Top Trial Lawyers in Texas.”
The Clark Firm has assembled a team of trial lawyers with more than 100 years experience, participation in over 600 jury trials and $60 million in verdicts and/or settlements. Please use the form below to contact us for a free Tdap Vaccine Lawsuit review.