April 29, 2019 — Kids II Inc. of Atlanta, Georgia recalled nearly 700,000 Rocking Sleepers after at least 5 babies died.
All models of Kids II Rocking Sleepers have been recalled. They were sold under dozens of models and brand-names, including Disney Baby, Bright Starts, DreamComfort and Ingenuity.
Kids II Rocking Sleepers were sold at Walmart, Target, Toys ‘R Us, other stores and online between March 2012 and April 2019 .
The problem is that babies can roll over and suffocate in a baby sleeper if they are unrestrained with the harness.
It is also possible that very young infants can suffocate due to positional asphyxia when their chin hits their chest and cuts off their airway because young infants are unable to hold up their head.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) warned:
“Since the 2012 product introduction, five infant fatalities have occurred in the Kids II Rocking Sleepers, after the infants rolled from their back to their stomach while unrestrained, or under other circumstances.”
The recall includes the following products and model numbers:
- Bright Starts Playtime To Bedtime Rocking Sleeper: 10081
- Rock & Dream Sleeper – Iggy: 10126
- Ingenuity Rock And Dream Sleeper Lucy: 10127
- Ingenuity Moonlight Rocking Sleeper Cuddle Giraffe: 10148
- Bright Starts Pretty In Pink Playtime To Bedtime Rocking Sleeper: 10178
- Ingenuity Smartrock Poweradapt Sleeper Cambridge: 10289
- Ingenuity Rock N’ Soothe Sleeper Dayton: 10292
- Automatic Rock ‘N Soothe Sleeper – Cuddle Lamb: 10320
- Ingenuity Moonlight Rocking Sleeper Cuddle Lion: 10380
- Ingenuity Soothing Light Rocking Sleeper Vesper: 10568
- Bright Starts Toucan Tango Rocking Sleeper: 10729
- Ingenuity Moonlight Rocking Sleeper Zoo Zoo Zebra: 10872
- DreamComfort Automatic Rocking Sleeper – Whitley: 10888
- DreamComfort Soothing Light Rocking Sleeper – Addington: 10890
- Bright Starts Rocking Sleeper Jungle Bursts: 11021
- Bright Starts Pretty In Pink Rocking Sleeper Jungle Blooms: 11022
- Rock n’ Soothe Sleeper – Moxley: 11063
- Ingenuity Moonlight Rocking Sleeper Lullaby Lion: 11164
- Ingenuity Rock N’ Soothe Sleeper Sunny Snuggles: 11171
- Ingenuity Rock N’ Soothe Sleeper Dayton: 11357
- Ingenuity Dream Comfort Automatic Rocking Sleeper Braden: 11429
- DreamComfort Automatic Rocking Sleeper – Anders: 11714
- Automatic Rock ‘n Soothe Sleeper – Nolan: 11792
- Bright Starts Rocking Sleeper – Jungle Garden: 11894
- Bright Starts Rocking Sleeper – Evening Safari: 11895
- Automatic Rock ‘n Soothe Sleeper – Flora the Unicorn: 11962
- Automatic Rock N Soothe Sleeper – Nolan – Display: 12115
- Taggies Snuggle Me Sleeper Nestling Vine: 60130
- Bright Starts Playtime To Bedtime Sleeper: 60131
- Bright Starts Pretty In Pink Playtime To Bedtime Sleeper: 60163
- Ingenuity Moonlight Rocking Sleeper Deluxe Emerson: 60327
- Disney Baby/Bright Starts Bows & Butterflies Sleeper Minnie Mouse: 60328
- Ingenuity Moonlight Rocking Sleeper Lullaby Lamb: 60331
- Bright Starts Playtime To Bedtime Sleeper Playful Pinwheels: 60401
- Ingenuity Moonlight Rocking Sleeper Deluxe Winslow: 60600
- Ingenuity Moonlight Rocking Sleeper Deluxe Seneca: 60635
Two weeks ago, Fisher-Price recalled 4.7 million Rock ‘n Play Sleepers after at least 32 infants suffocated in the inclined chairs..
Kids II is asking consumers to immediately stop using this product and contact the company for a refund or voucher.
For more information, consumers can contact Kids II 1-866-869-7954 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or visit www.kids2.com/recalls.
Need a Kids II Rocking Sleeper Lawyer in Texas?
Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged.
Collen’s amazing success in the courtroom and well known dedication to his clients has earned him the recognition of his peers as one of The Top Trial Lawyers in Texas.”
The Clark Firm has assembled a team of trial lawyers with more than 100 years experience, participation in over 600 jury trials and $260 million in verdicts and/or settlements. Please use the form below to contact our law firm for a free case review.