April 28, 2015 — The FDA has sent over a dozen warning letters to companies that sell bodybuilding supplements laced with a stimulant commonly called AMP Citrate or DMBA.
The ingredient has many names that appear on product labels, including 1,3-Dimethylbutylamine, DMBA, 2-amino-4-methylpentane, AMP citrate, 4-methyl-2-pentanamine.
DMBA was marketed as an alternative to DMAA, a popular stimulant found in OxyElite Pro that was linked to high blood pressure, increased heart rate, and a variety of other adverse events.
In October 2014, Dr. Pieter Cohen and colleagues at Harvard Medical School published a study after finding DMBA in 14 supplements. Researchers warned that DMBA was a “synthetic stimulant never tested in humans” and demanded immediate enforcement action by the FDA.
Nearly seven months later, fourteen manufacturers received warning letters for the following products that included DMBA:
- 1ViZN LLC: Velocity
- Vital Pharmaceuticals Inc. dba VPX Sports: VPX Redline White Heat, MD2 Meltdown
- RPM Nutrition, LLC: Red Rum SS
- Prime Nutrition: PWO/STIM
- Powder City, LLC: AMP Citrate
- Nutrex Research, Inc.: Adipodex
- Lecheek Nutrition: AMPilean, AMPitropin
- Iron Forged Nutrition: Contraband
- Genomyx LLC: EVOL
- DSEO LLC: HybriLean, PREAMP
- Core Nutritionals: AMP Citrate
- Brand New Energy, LLC: Yellow Bullet AMP
- Blackstone Labs LLC: Angel Dust
- Beta Labs: Oxyphen XR Amp’d
Need a Texas Dietary Supplement Lawyer?
Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged.
Collen’s amazing success in the courtroom and well known dedication to his clients has earned him the recognition of his peers as one of The Top Trial Lawyers in Texas.”
The Clark Firm has assembled a team of trial lawyers with more than 100 years experience, participation in over 600 jury trials and $260 million in verdicts and/or settlements. Please use the form below to contact our Texas dietary supplement lawyers for a free lawsuit review.