Reumofan Plus and Reumofan Plus Premium have been recalled by Mexican health authorities because these “natural” dietary supplements are actually laced with several pharmaceutical drugs with serious side effects. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has published two safety warnings after receiving dozens of injury reports — including people who suffered stroke or death after using Reumofan.
Do I Have a Reumofan Lawsuit? Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged. If you or a loved one has been injured after taking Reumofan, you should contact our lawyers immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a Reumofan lawsuit.
UPDATE: Who Is Riger Naturals?
October 4, 2013 — A USA Today investigation has been unable to locate Riger Naturals, the Mexican manufacturer of Reumofan, Reumofan Plus, and “WOW.” Investigators warn that the company uses fake names and addresses and lies about the ingredients in their product. The FDA has received over 60 adverse event reports involving these supplements, including 3 deaths and 7 life-threatening adverse events. Click here to read more.
December 20, 2012 — The FDA has published another warning because Reumofan and Reumofan Plus have been re-branded as the supplement “WOW” with the same dangerous prescription drug ingredients. Click here to read more.
August 21, 2012 — After receiving dozens of adverse event reports, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has published a second warning about the risks of Reumofan Plus and Reumofan Plus Premium. Reported side effects include stroke, death, liver injury, severe bleeding, weight gain, swelling, leg cramps, withdrawal after the product is discontinued, poor blood sugar control, and adrenal suppression.
Reumofan Plus and Reumofan Plus Premium are dietary supplements that claim to be “natural,” but in fact contain several potentially harmful pharmaceutical drugs with life-threatening side effects. Reumofan is marketed as a treatment for arthritis, muscle pain, osteoporosis, bone cancer, and other serious health problems.
The potentially dangerous pharmaceutical drugs in Reumofan may include:
- Dexamethasone: This is an anti-inflammatory corticosteroid drug that works by suppressing a person’s immune system. This could increase the risk of developing a life-threatening infection. This drug can also cause withdrawal symptoms it if it is suddenly discontinued after long-term or high-dose usage. Dexamethasone has been linked to high blood sugar, adrenal suppression, bone and muscle injuries, psychiatric problems, and more.
- Diclofenac: This is a type of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) drug that has been linked to life-threatening cardiovascular problems, including stroke, heart attack, and death. It can also increase the risk of gastrointestinal problems, including intestinal bleeding, ulcers, perforation of the stomach and intestines, and more.
- Methocarbamol: This is a muscle-relaxant that can cause sedation, dizziness, low blood sugar, and other cognitive/mental problems that might severely impair ability to operate heavy machinery or drive.
The unlisted drugs in Reumofan could interact with other medications a patient is taking, resulting in a life-threatening adverse event.
What’s the problem?
June 1, 2012 — Today, Mexican health authorities banned Reumofan Plus and Reumofan Plus Premium due to safety concerns. They are recommending that people who are currently using Reumofan or recently stopped should contact a physician immediately. Furthermore, customers should not start taking Reumofan.
Reumofan is manufactured by a Mexican company, Riger Naturals, and distributed in the United States and Mexico. It is mostly sold in small retail stores, flea markets, and over the internet. The products are labeled in Spanish, although there may be some English versions.
Despite two FDA warnings and a ban on Reumofan in Mexico, the FDA continues to receive reports of people who are seriously injured by this product.
Reumofan Side Effects
Reumofan can cause many severe side effects. If you were injured by any severe side effect after taking Reumofan Plus or Reumofan Plus Premium, contact The Clark Firm, LLP immediately. If you decide to file a Reumofan lawsuit, you could be entitled to compensation for your injury, medical expenses, and more.
The FDA has warned of the following severe Reumofan side effects:
- Decreased ability to fight off infections
- Suppressed immune system
- High blood sugar (glucose) levels
- Injuries to bones and muscles
- Psychiatric disorders
- Adrenal suppression
- Withdrawal if Reumofan is stopped suddenly (tiredness, nausea, vomiting, low blood pressure, fever, feeling dizzy, muscle pain, joint pain)
- Heart problems, such as heart attack
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Stomach ulcers
- Perforation of the intestines or stomach
- Decreased blood pressure
- Problems operating a vehicle, heavy machines
Do I have a Reumofan Lawsuit?
Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged.
Collen’s amazing success in the courtroom and well known dedication to his clients has earned him the recognition of his peers as one of The Top Trial Lawyers in Texas.”
The Clark Firm has assembled a team of trial lawyers with more than 100 years experience, participation in over 600 jury trials and $60 million in verdicts and/or settlements. Please use the form below to contact us for a free Reumofan lawsuit review.