Tabletops Unlimited, Inc. was hit with a lawsuit after a woman was burned when her Philippe Richard pressure cooker exploded.
Need a Texas Philippe Richard Pressure Cooker Lawyer? Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged. If you or a loved one was injured or burned by an exploding Philippe Richard Pressure Cooker, you should contact our lawyers immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a lawsuit.
UPDATE: Texas Woman Files Pressure Cooker Lawsuit
In November 2022, a lawsuit was filed by a woman from Euless, Texas, who was seriously burned on her face, chest, arms and legs by a pressure cooker explosion. Click here to read more.
In July 2021, a woman from Mesquite, Texas, filed a lawsuit after the lid exploded off of her Philippe Richard Pressure Cooker, resulting in severe burn injuries to her face, chest, arms and legs. Click here to read more.
Philippe Richard Pressure Cooker Explosion Lawsuit
In September 2019, Tabletops Unlimited Inc. was hit with a lawsuit (PDF) that was filed a woman who was severely burned by an exploding Philippe Richard pressure cooker.
The lawsuit was filed by Soumia S., a woman from Ohio who suffered “serious and substantial burns” in September 2017. The accident occurred when she was using the stovetop Philippe Richard pressure cooker to make dinner in her kitchen.
According to the lawsuit, the lid blew off the pot while she was cooking, spraying her with boiling liquid, sticky food, and steam.
She was burned in her back, arms, and legs in an area covering 25% of her body. As a result, she was hospitalized for 2 days in the burn unit at Ohio State University.
The lawsuit was filed on September 18, 2019 against Tabletops Unlimited, Inc. (d/b/a TTU) in the Superior Court of California for Los Angeles County (Central District) — Case Number 19STCV33402.
What is the Philippe Richard Pressure Cooker?
The Philippe Richard pressure cooker is manufactured by Tabletops Unlimited (also known as TTU). It is a stovetop pressure cooker that must be placed on a hot stove to cook food, unlike electric pressure cookers that plug into the wall like the Instant Pot.
Philippe Richard pressure cookers are sold nationwide in stores like Kohl’s, Walmart, JC Penny, Amazon.com, and many more.
What is the Problem?
There are multiple reports of consumers who were burned when their Philippe Richard pressure cooker suddenly malfunctioned. According to recent lawsuits, the lid can blow off the pot and cause a dangerous explosion of food.
Types of Injuries from Pressure Cookers
- Steam scalds
- Permanent scarring
- Skin graft surgery
Need a Philippe Richard Pressure Cooker Lawyer in Texas?
Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged.
Collen’s amazing success in the courtroom and well known dedication to his clients has earned him the recognition of his peers as one of The Top Trial Lawyers in Texas.”
The Clark Firm has assembled a team of trial lawyers with more than 100 years experience, participation in over 600 jury trials and $260 million in verdicts and/or settlements. Please use the form below to contact our law firm for a free case review.