Need a Texas Mesh Patch Lawyer? Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged. If you or a loved one was injured by surgical mesh complications, you should contact our lawyers immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a lawsuit.
Mesh Patch Lawsuit Settlements
Over 2,600 mesh patch injury lawsuits were resolved with a $184 million settlement in 2011, for an average payout of $70,000 per case.
The lawsuits involved C.R. Bard Kugel Composix Mesh, which was recalled because a “memory recoil ring” could break and damage internal organs. Before the settlement, a jury awarded $1.5 million to a man from North Carolina who was injured.
Mesh Patch Injuries & Side Effects
- Chronic pain
- Body rejects mesh
- Abscess or seroma
- Organ damage
- Mesh migration
- Hernia returns (recurrence)
How Can a Lawyer Help?
It is okay if you do not know all the details of your surgical mesh or the manufacturer. Our lawyers will review your case for free. If you qualify, we can help you get your medical records with the evidence you need to file a lawsuit.
What to Know Before You File a Mesh Patch Lawsuit
There are a few things you and your lawyer will need to know before filing a mesh patch lawsuit:
1. Where was your surgery performed? We will need to know what date the the mesh was implanted in your body, at what hospital, and by what doctor.
2. What type of injuries did you have? You must have been diagnosed with a side effect or complication related to your mesh patch or hernia plug. We will also need medical records related to treatment.
3. What type of mesh patch do you have? Information about what type of surgical mesh and its manufacturer should be in your medical records at the hospital where you had surgery.
4. What is the time-limit to file a lawsuit? Every state has a time-limit called a “statute of limitations.” You must file a lawsuit before this deadline passes. It depends on where you live and when/if the manufacturer withheld risk-information.
What is the problem?
The Clark Firm, LLP is nationally recognized as a class action law firm in Texas. However, we are not filing a class action lawsuit for surgical mesh patch injuries. Instead, we are filing individual lawsuits for people who are seeking compensation for side effects.
About Class Actions
Class actions are a special type of lawsuit involving a lot of people with similar legal claims. Everyone who participates loses their right to file an individual lawsuit. This can have disadvantages for people with severe injuries, especially when compensation is divided among everyone who joins the class action.
Why Our Law Firm is Filing Individual Lawsuits as Opposed to a Class Action
Surgical mesh and hernia patches have injured thousands of people, and many of them have filed lawsuits. These lawsuits are not part of a class action — they are individual lawsuits that have been filed in one federal court.
Our law firm specializes in holding manufacturers accountable for selling defective medical devices. If you were injured by a dangerous mesh patch, you could be entitled to compensation for your injury, medical expenses, lost income, disability, and more.
Need a Mesh Patch Lawyer in Texas?
Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged.
Collen’s amazing success in the courtroom and well known dedication to his clients has earned him the recognition of his peers as one of The Top Trial Lawyers in Texas.”
The Clark Firm has assembled a team of trial lawyers with more than 100 years experience, participation in over 600 jury trials and $260 million in verdicts and/or settlements. Please use the form below to contact our Texas mesh patch lawyers for a free lawsuit review.