February 6, 2019 — A man from Fort Worth, Texas has died after a vape exploded in his face and a piece of the device cut open a major artery in his neck.
The incident occurred when 24 year-old William Brown took his vape to the Smoke & Vape DZ store in North Fort Worth to ask for help using it.
The shop did not sell his brand of vape and he did not purchase anything at the store. Soon after he walked outside, the vape exploded in the parking lot.
Brown’s grandmother, Alice Brown told KTVT:
“That went across his lip, apparently somehow, and cut his lip. That three-piece thing went into his throat and stayed there. He had a future ahead of him; a life ahead of him.”
He was taken to John Peter Smith Hospital, where he was declared dead at 3:45 p.m. Tuesday.
His family told local news that he was put into a medically-induced coma, and X-rays showed pieces of the e-cigarette in his throat.
The death certificate stated that Brown died of a cerebral infarction and herniation after pieces from the exploding vape dissected his left carotid artery.
Need a Vape Injury Lawyer in Texas?
Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged.
Collen’s amazing success in the courtroom and well known dedication to his clients has earned him the recognition of his peers as one of The Top Trial Lawyers in Texas.”
The Clark Firm has assembled a team of trial lawyers with more than 100 years experience, participation in over 600 jury trials and $260 million in verdicts and/or settlements. Please use the form below to contact our law firm for a free case review.