October 7, 2021 — A jury in Texas has ordered Sunbeam Products Inc. to pay $1.1 million to a woman who was severely burned when she fell on a space heater.
The lawsuit was filed by Debra N., a woman who suffered 3rd-degree burns after falling on a radiant space heater.
The accident occurred in the middle of the night in January 2018, when she allegedly fainted, knocked over the space heater, and fell onto the exposed grills, which “seared the flesh of her back.”
Her attorneys argued that the heater was dangerously defective because it lacked safety features, such as a safety guard to prevent skin from touching the hot grills.
The lawsuit was filed in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas against Sunbeam Inc. doing business as Jarden Consumer Solutions — Case Number 4:19-cv-00263.
Need a Sunbeam Space Heater Injury Lawyer in Texas?
Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged.
Collen’s amazing success in the courtroom and well known dedication to his clients has earned him the recognition of his peers as one of The Top Trial Lawyers in Texas.”
The Clark Firm has assembled a team of trial lawyers with more than 100 years experience, participation in over 600 jury trials and $260 million in verdicts and/or settlements. Please use the form below to contact our law firm for a free case review.