Several types of Eat Smart® Shake-Ups™ salad bowls were recalled after a random sample tested positive for Listeria monocytogenes, a bacteria that can cause food poisoning.
Need a Texas Food Poisoning Lawyer? Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged. If you or a loved one was diagnosed with Listeria from eating recalled Eat Smart® salad bowls, you should contact our lawyers immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a lawsuit.
Eat Smart® Salad Bowl Recall
December 2018 — Apio, Inc., of Guadalupe, California, announced a voluntary recall for specific lots of Eat Smart® Single-Serve Salad Shake Ups™ (salad bowls) due to a risk of food poisoning with Listeria.
What is the Problem?
The recall was issued after a random sample of an Eat Smart® Sweet Kale salad bowl with a “Best Before” date of December 14, 2018 tested positive for Listeria, according to the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA).
No illnesses were linked to the recall by health officials, according to a press release from the manufacturer:
“As a precautionary measure, we are recalling all products produced on the same day, same production line, as the one sample that tested positive by CFIA.”
What Salad Bowls Were Recalled?
The recall includes the following salad bowls:
- Eat Smart Single-Serve Salad Shake Ups – Asian Sesame – UPC 7 09351 30241 1, Lot 112 331
- Eat Smart Single-Serve Salad Shake Ups – Avocado Ranch – UPC 7 09351 30177 3, Lot 112 331
- Eat Smart Single-Serve Salad Shake Ups – Raspberry Acai – UPC 7 09351 30178 0, Lot 112 331
- Eat Smart Single-Serve Salad Shake Ups – Sweet Kale – UPC 7 09351 30240 4, Lot 112 331
- Eat Smart Single-Serve Salad Shake Ups – Tropical Lime – UPC 7 09351 30179 7, Lot 112 331
- Eat Smart Single-Serve Salad Shake Ups – Avocado Ranch/Ranch ET Avocats – UPC 7 09351 30195 7, Lot 112 331
- Eat Smart Single-Serve Salad Shake Ups – Raspberry Acai/Framboises ET Acai – UPC 7 09351 30196 4, Lot 112 331
- Eat Smart Single-Serve Salad Shake Ups – Sweet Kale/Chou Frisé Doux – UPC 7 09351 30243 5, Lot 112 331
Where Were the Salad Bowls Sold?
In the U.S, the recalled salad bowls were sold in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Kansas, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington.
Symptoms of Listeria Food Poisoning
Listeria monocytogenes is a bacteria that can cause severe food poisoning and invasive infections such as meningitis, although symptoms may not appear for up to 70 days. Symptoms may include a high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain, and diarrhea. Pregnant women may suffer miscarriages and stillbirths.
Need a Food Poisoning Lawyer in Texas?
Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged.
Collen’s amazing success in the courtroom and well known dedication to his clients has earned him the recognition of his peers as one of The Top Trial Lawyers in Texas.”
The Clark Firm has assembled a team of trial lawyers with more than 100 years experience, participation in over 600 jury trials and $260 million in verdicts and/or settlements. Please use the form below to contact our law firm for a free case review.