July 18, 2023 — Judges in Texas have decided to allow a lawsuit to proceed against LG after a woman was severely burned by a vape battery that exploded.
The lawsuit was filed by Tashia H., a woman from Texas who bought an 18650 lithium-ion battery that was manufactured by LG at a retail store located in Early, Texas, called Cloud 9 Vape.
The vape battery exploded in her purse and caught on fire, causing severe 2nd- and 3rd-degree burns to her body.
Her lawsuit accuses LG of advertising vape batteries that were “dangerous and unsafe.”
She also accuses the manufacturer of failing to warn about foreseeable risks associated with the use of e-cigarettes and lithium-ion batteries generally.
Her lawsuit was filed against LG Chem Ltd. and LG Chem America Inc. (LGCAI) in the 35th District Court (Brown County, Texas) — Case Number 11-21-00294-CV.
Need a Vape Battery Lawyer in Texas?
Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged.
Collen’s amazing success in the courtroom and well known dedication to his clients has earned him the recognition of his peers as one of The Top Trial Lawyers in Texas.”
The Clark Firm has assembled a team of trial lawyers with more than 100 years of experience, participation in over 600 jury trials, and $260 million in verdicts and/or settlements. Please use the form below to contact our law firm for a free case review.