Pancreatitis is a life-threatening medical condition that requires immediate treatment to reduce inflammation and prevent hemorrhagic or necrotizing pancreatitis.
Do I Have a Texas Janumet Lawsuit? Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged. If you or a loved one was injured by Janumet pancreatitis, you should contact our lawyers immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a Janumet lawsuit in Texas.
What’s the problem?
Janumet (sitagliptin / metformin) is a type-2 diabetes drug that contains sitagliptin, a drug that has been linked to a doubled risk of acute pancreatitis in a study published in JAMA Internal Medicine
Furthermore, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has also published a Safety Warning and sent Merck a Warning Letter for failing to conduct a 3-month study of pancreatitis in rodents treated with sitagliptin.
Janumet Pancreatitis Treatment
The goal of Janumet pancreatitis treatment is to reduce inflammation in the pancreas. The sooner inflammation in the pancreas is reduced, the better the long-term outlook (prognosis). If Janumet pancreatitis treatment fails to reduce inflammation for more than 4 weeks, more than 70% of people with this disease suffer necrosis (tissue death), and 10-15% of cases are fatal.
Janumet pancreatitis treatment may include:
- Aggressive fluid repletion to counteract fluid-loss from nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea that are characteristic of pancreatitis.
- Careful monitoring of blood
- Medications to control pain
- Nutritional management: The pancreas is a digestive organ that is responsible for producing digestive enzymes. Most people with pancreatitis will need to fast (not eat or drink anything) to give the pancreas a chance to rest and recover. However, more research is needed to determine what form of nutrition is most beneficial for treatment of pancreatitis.
- Preventing infection of diseased tissue: Once necrotic (dead) pancreatic tissue becomes infected, the disease is associated with a 10-15% rate of mortality. Therefore, most patients will be treated with prophylactic antibiotics.
- Surgery to remove diseased tissue or drain fluid-filled cysts: This surgery can help reduce the risk that infection will spread to the blood (sepsis). Surgery is usually performed no earlier than the second week of pancreatitis, and usually only if there is an infection.
Click here to learn more about possible Janumet pancreatitis treatments from the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Do I have a Janumet Lawsuit in Texas?
Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged.
Collen’s amazing success in the courtroom and well known dedication to his clients has earned him the recognition of his peers as one of The Top Trial Lawyers in Texas.”
The Clark Firm has assembled a team of trial lawyers with more than 100 years experience, participation in over 600 jury trials and $60 million in verdicts and/or settlements. Please use the form below to contact us for a free Texas Janumet lawsuit review.