Janumet pancreatic cancer treatment options vary depending on the stage of the cancer. In the earliest stages, surgery and radiation therapy may be able to cure the disease. In the later stages, palliative care is used to reduce symptoms and complications. If you believe Janumet is responsible for pancreatic cancer in you or your loved one, you may be able to recover compensation for your treatment by filing a lawsuit.
Do I Have a Texas Janumet Lawsuit? Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged. If you or a loved one was injured by Janumet pancreatic cancer, you should contact our lawyers immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a Janumet lawsuit in Texas.
Janumet Pancreatic Cancer Treatment
The following factors influence Janumet pancreatic cancer treatment options:
- If the cancer can be surgically removed
- The stage of the cancer
- If the cancer has metastasized (spread to distant organs or tissues)
- Other underlying health problems
- Whether the cancer is new or recurrent
Pancreatic cancer is assessed in five stages. During stage 0, I, and II, pancreatic cancer is located entirely or mostly within the pancreas. At this time, the cancer is still relatively small and may have only spread to tissues close to the pancreas. Surgery is still an available option for treatment. Radiation therapy and chemotherapy will also probably be used in treatment.
Pancreatic cancer at Stage III and IV is far more serious, and treatment focuses on palliative care. Radiation therapy may be used to reduce the size of the tumor. If the tumor is causing pain or obstructing the intestines, surgery may be necessary.
Pancreatic Cancer Surgical Treatment
Only about 20% of people who are diagnosed with pancreatic cancer can benefit from surgery, because in most cases, the cancer is not diagnosed until it has spread. Surgeries that may be involved in Janumet pancreatic cancer treatment include:
- Whipple procedure: This surgery removes the “head” of the pancreas, the gallbladder, a section of the bile duct, and the duodenum (small intestine). About 20% of people who undergo this surgery survive more than 5 years.
- Pancreatectomy: Removal of the pancreas. This is an option if pancreatic cancer is located in the “tail” of the pancreas.
- Surgery to deaden nerves in the abdomen and reduce pain
Janumet Pancreatic Cancer Drug Treatments
According to this resource from the National Cancer Institute, possible drugs used in Janumet pancreatic cancer treatment may include:
- Adrucil (Fluorouracil)
- Efudex (Fluorouracil)
- Erlotinib Hydrochloride
- Fluoroplex (Fluorouracil)
- Gemcitabine Hydrochloride
- Gemzar (Gemcitabine Hydrochloride)
- Mitomycin C
- Mitozytrex (Mitomycin C)
- Mutamycin (Mitomycin C)
- Tarceva (Erlotinib Hydrochloride)
Do I have a Janumet Lawsuit in Texas?
Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged.
Collen’s amazing success in the courtroom and well known dedication to his clients has earned him the recognition of his peers as one of The Top Trial Lawyers in Texas.”
The Clark Firm has assembled a team of trial lawyers with more than 100 years experience, participation in over 600 jury trials and $60 million in verdicts and/or settlements. Please use the form below to contact us for a free Texas Janumet lawsuit review.