Janumet (sitagliptin / metformin), a type-2 diabetes drug developed by Merck & Co., has been linked to several potential cases of pancreatic cancer. Unfortunately, Janumet pancreatic cancer complications frequently become life-threatening. If you or your loved one has suffered from pancreatic cancer and you believe Janumet is responsible, contact our lawyers regarding a potential Texas Janumet lawsuit.
Do I Have a Texas Janumet Lawsuit? Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged. If you or a loved one was injured by Janumet pancreatic cancer complications, you should contact our lawyers immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a Janumet lawsuit in Texas.
Why are Janumet Pancreatic Cancer Complications Serious?
Janumet pancreatic cancer complications have a very high risk of becoming life-threatening, especially once the cancer has metastasized (spread to tissues and/or organs outside the pancreas). Although pancreatic cancer is one of the rarest cancers, it is the fourth-leading cause of cancer deaths in the United States. Reasons for the high mortality rate include:
- Pancreatic cancer symptoms are usually mild or nonexistent until the disease has metastasized.
- Nearly all people who are diagnosed with pancreatic cancer have a highly-aggressive form of the disease called adenocarcinoma of the pancreas
- More than 80% of people who are diagnosed with pancreatic cancer cannot have it removed completely with surgery.
- The pancreas is located very close to many vital organs in the pancreas, and treatment is very difficult once cancer spreads to these organs.
Janumet Pancreatic Cancer Complications
Potential Janumet pancreatic cancer complications include:
- Abdominal pain: Pancreatic cancer can compress abdominal nerves and cause severe pain. In advanced cases, these nerves may be surgically disabled to reduce pain.
- Intestinal obstruction: The pancreas is located next to the intestines, and a large growing tumor can cause a blockage.
- Bile duct obstruction: This can cause jaundice (yellowing of the skin and whites of the eyes).
- Diabetes: This Janumet pancreatic cancer complication may complicate an underlying condition if endocrine cells in the pancreas stop producing insulin, causing chronic high blood-sugar levels.
- Malnutrition: This occurs when exocrine cells in the pancreas stop producing digestive enzymes, which can cause malabsorption of nutrients in food.
- Weight loss and muscle atrophy
- Metastasis: This occurs when the cancer spreads to tissues, organs, or the bloodstream and spreads throughout the body.
- Death: If you believe that Janumet pancreatic cancer complications caused your loved one’s death, contact our lawyers regarding a potential wrongful death lawsuit.
Do I have a Janumet Lawsuit in Texas?
Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged.
Collen’s amazing success in the courtroom and well known dedication to his clients has earned him the recognition of his peers as one of The Top Trial Lawyers in Texas.”
The Clark Firm has assembled a team of trial lawyers with more than 100 years experience, participation in over 600 jury trials and $60 million in verdicts and/or settlements. Please use the form below to contact us for a free Texas Janumet lawsuit review.