July 10, 2019 — Altaire Pharmaceuticals Inc. has recalled several types of eye drops sold at Walmart and Walgreens because they may not be sterile.
The over-the-counter eye drop recall at Walmart includes the following products:
- Equate Restore Tears Lubricant Eye Drops
- Equate Eye Allergy Relief Drops
- Equate Sterile Lubricant Stye Ointment
- Equate Comfort Gel Lubricant Eye Gel
- Equate Restore PM Nighttime Lubricant
- Equate Night & Day Restore Tears Lubricant
- Equate Support Advanced
- Equate Support Advanced Lubricating Eye Drops
- Equate Support Advanced Lubricant Gel
- Equate Support Moisture Lubricant Eye Drops
- Support Harmony Lubricant Eye Drops
Walgreens and Perrigo Company also recalled several eye drop products, including Lubricant Eye Ointment PF, Puralube Ophthalmic Ointment, Polycin, Neo-Poly Dex, Neo-Polycin HC, Bacitracin Ophthalmic Ointment, and other products.
The eye drops may be contaminated and consumers who use the eye drops are at risk of “serious and potentially life-threatening infections or death,” according to Altaire.
Need an Eye Drop Recall Lawyer in Texas?
Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged.
Collen’s amazing success in the courtroom and well known dedication to his clients has earned him the recognition of his peers as one of The Top Trial Lawyers in Texas.”
The Clark Firm has assembled a team of trial lawyers with more than 100 years experience, participation in over 600 jury trials and $260 million in verdicts and/or settlements. Please use the form below to contact our law firm for a free case review.