October 14, 2015 — The U.S. Department of Defense has named 39 pre-workout supplements to avoid because they may contain dangerous stimulant drugs, according to the Military Times.
The Human Performance Resource Center (HPRC) has maintained a list (PDF) of currently-available commercial supplements containing DMAA since February 2012.
In 2013, the FDA warned that supplements containing DMAA were illegal and said the ingredient “can cause high blood pressure and lead to heart attacks, seizures, psychiatric disorders and death.”
These products have been banned in military exchanges since 2012, after four soldiers who died during physical exercise were found to have traces of the drug in their blood.
Many manufacturers identify DMAA as 1,3-dimethylamylamine, “geranium extract,” or other names. The only way to conclusively determine if a supplement contains the ingredient is with independent third-party testing.
List of products containing DMAA:
- 1,3 D Bomb (Total Body Nutrition USA)
- 1,3 Dimethylamylamine (various distributors & suppliers)
- Atomizer (Aviva Nutrition/Active Sports Distribution)
- Black Widow (Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals LLC)
- Blood Rush Pump (Muscle Gauge Nutrition)
- Decimate (Cygen Laboratories)
- DMAA Powder (various)
- EPH 100 (Delta Health Products)
- EPH-25 New Formula (Accelerated Sport Neutraceuticals (ASN)
- Fastin-XR (Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals LLC)
- FlashOver (Omega Sports)
- Fruta Planta USA (American Generic Labs (AGL)
- Geranamine powder and capsules (Fusion Supplements)
- Get Ripped (Accelerated Sport Nutraceuticals (ASN)
- HydroxyElite (Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals LLC)
- HyperLean FX7 (Nova Body Science)
- Ignite Energy Boost (Accelerated Sport Nutraceuticals (ASN)
- Jack’d Upd (Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals LLC)
- Lipodrene Hardcore (Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals LLC)
- Lipodrene Xtreme (Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals LLC)
- Mesomorph (APS / Advance Performance Supplements)
- NOX Pump (Dorian Yates Nutrition)
- Old Jack (Gen One)
- OxyphenXR (Beta Labs, LTD)
- Phenadrine (APS / Advance Performance Supplements)
- Rocket Fuel Capsules (Fusion Supplements)
- RoxyLean ECA (BPI Sports)
- Seirogan Toi A (Taiko Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.)
- Stimerex Hardcore (Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals LLC)
- Stimerex-ES Ephedra Extract (Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals LLC)
- Stimerex-ES Ephedra Free (Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals LLC)
- StimulantX (Anabolic Xtreme)
- Suppress NT (Nutrition Alliance International (NSI)
- Tiger Claw DMAA (Kempo Nutrition)
- White Lightning (APS / Advance Performance Supplements)
- Yellow Scorpion (Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals LLC)
- Yellow Thunder (APS / Advance Performance Supplements)
- Zenalean Pro (Accelerated Sport Neutraceuticals (ASN)
Need a Workout Stimulant Lawyer in Texas?
Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged.
Collen’s amazing success in the courtroom and well known dedication to his clients has earned him the recognition of his peers as one of The Top Trial Lawyers in Texas.”
The Clark Firm has assembled a team of trial lawyers with more than 100 years experience, participation in over 600 jury trials and $260 million in verdicts and/or settlements. Please use the form below to contact our Texas dietary supplement lawyers for a free lawsuit review.