November 19, 2015 — The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is warning that 28 products continued to be sold at Home Depot after recalls were announced between 2012 and 2015.
The recalls involved about 2,310 individual products, about half of which was sold to consumers and half sold to salvagers or recyclers who might have sold them to consumers.
Products include fire extinguishers, smoke alarms, vacuums, power strips, stepladders, washing machines, and more. Depending on the product, hazards include fire, burn, shock, falls, lacerations, or other injuries depending on the product.
Selling recalled products is illegal under federal law. According to the CPSC:
“Consumers should stop using the recalled products immediately and contact the recalling firms to receive the remedies listed in the recall, which is either a refund, replacement or repair.”
Home Depot sold the following products after recall:
- CE Tech 1,000 Ft. Riser Cable
- Cordelia Two-Lamp Fluorescent Shop Lights
- Easy Reach by Gorilla Ladders 3-Step Pro Series Step Stools
- Fiskars Bypass Lopper Shears
- Genie Garage Door Openers
- Harris Products Group and Lincoln Electric Welding Torch Handles
- HeathCo Motion-Activated Outdoor Lights
- Homelite Electric Blower Vacuums
- Kidde Disposable Plastic Fire Extinguishers
- Kidde Smoke and Combination Smoke/CO Alarms
- Legrand Under-Cabinet Power Strips
- LG Electric Ranges
- LG Top-Loading Washing Machines
- Lithonia Quantum® ELM and ELM2 Two-Light Emergency Lighting Fixtures
- MAT Industries HDX™ and Powermate® Two-Gallon Air Compressors
- Mohawk Altitude Gold Shag Rugs
- Nest Protect Smoke + CO Alarms
- Nourison I-CANDI Collection Polyester Shag Rugs
- Pramac America Powermate Sx 5500 Portable Generators
- RSI Glacier Bay® Bathroom Medicine Cabinets
- Soleil Portable Fan Heaters
- SoleusAir Dehumidifiers by Gree Electric Appliances
- Vornado Air Electric Space Heaters
- Waterloo Industries Husky® Securelock Vertical Bike Hooks
- Westinghouse Lighting Glass Shade Holders
- Wing Enterprises Switch-It Stepladder/Stepstools
Need a Product Liability Lawyer in Texas?
Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged.
Collen’s amazing success in the courtroom and well known dedication to his clients has earned him the recognition of his peers as one of The Top Trial Lawyers in Texas.”
The Clark Firm has assembled a team of trial lawyers with more than 100 years experience, participation in over 600 jury trials and $260 million in verdicts and/or settlements. Please use the form below to contact our Texas product liability lawyers for a free lawsuit review.