July 22, 2016 — Bar-S hotdogs and corndogs have been recalled due to possible contamination with Listeria, a bacteria that can cause severe food poisoning.
The recall was announced by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. No products tested positive for Listeria. The recall was issued due to recurring Listeria problems at the production facility.
No illnesses or bad reactions have been reported, but eating food contaminated with Listeria can cause severe food poisoning — especially in young children, older adults, people with weak immune systems, and pregnant women or their newborns.
People in these high-risk categories who experience flu-like symptom within two months of eating Listeria-tainted food should seek medical care and tell the doctor about eating contaminated food.
The recalled products include:
- Bar-S Classic Bun-Length Franks (1-lb): Made with chicken, pork added. Use-By Date of 10/11/2016. Case code 209
- Bar-S Classic Franks (12-oz): Made with chicken, pork added. Package code 6338, Use-By date of 10/10/2016, Case code 6405.
- Signature Pick 5 Corndogs – 8 Honey Batter Dipped Franks on a Stick (1.5-lb): Use-by date of 4/6/2017. Case Code 6071
- Bar-S Classic Corndogs – 16 Honey Batter Dipped Franks on a Stick (2.67-lb): Use-by dates of 4/7/2017 and 4/8/2017. Case Code 6396.
- Bar-S Classic Corn Dogs – 16 Honey Batter Dipped Franks on a Stick (3-lb): Package code 14054. Use-By dates of 4/6/2017 and 4/9/2017. Case code 14038.
The symptoms of listeriosis may include fever, muscle aches, headache, stiff neck, confusion, loss of balance, and convulsions, sometimes preceded by diarrhea or other gastrointestinal symptoms. The infection can become invasive and cause bacteremia or meningitis. During pregnancy, Listeria can cause miscarriage or stillbirth.
Need a Listeria Lawyer in Texas?
Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged.
Collen’s amazing success in the courtroom and well known dedication to his clients has earned him the recognition of his peers as one of The Top Trial Lawyers in Texas.”
The Clark Firm has assembled a team of trial lawyers with more than 100 years experience, participation in over 600 jury trials and $260 million in verdicts and/or settlements. Please use the form below to contact our Texas Listeria lawyers for a free lawsuit review.