A recall has been issued for certain Archer Farms and Freskët salads and sandwiches sold at Target and Fresh Market because egg salad tested positive for Listeria.
Need a Texas Food Poisoning Lawyer? Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged. If you or a loved one was diagnosed with a Listeria infection, you should contact our lawyers immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a lawsuit.
Target and Fresh Market Recall Salads & Sandwiches
July 2019 — Elevation Foods has issued a nationwide recall for certain Archer Farms and Freskët salads and sandwiches that may be contaminated with Listeria.
The recall involves Archer Farms egg salad and deviled egg sandwiches, as well as Freskët egg salad, tuna salad, and Thai lobster salad. The items were produced on June 18, 2019 and sold at Target and Fresh Market stores nationwide.
How Many People Are Sick?
No illnesses were reported as of the recall date. However, 3 containers of egg salad tested positive for contamination with Listeria monocytogenes, according to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
What Salads & Sandwiches Were Recalled?
The recall involves the following products:
- Archer Farms Egg Salad packaged in a 12-ounce clear, square plastic container, Lot Number W1906042A, Use By 12AUG2019 (printed on the side of each container) UPC 085239018682, distributed nationwide
- Freskët Egg Salad packaged in a 32-ounce clear, square plastic container, Lot Number W1906042, Use By 12AUG2019A (printed on the side of each container
- Freskët Tuna Salad packaged in a 5-pound white, round plastic container, Lot Number W1906054, Use By 02AUG2019A (printed on the side of each container
- Freskët Thai Lobster Salad packaged in a 5-pound white, round plastic container, Lot Number W1906041, Use By 02AUG2019A (printed on the side of each container)
- Archer Farms Deviled Egg Sandwich Half Sandwich with Bacon UPC 220505000002, distributed nationwide
- Archer Farms Deviled Egg Sandwich on Multigrain UPC 498780203566, distributed nationwide
What Should I Do?
Elevation Foods recommends that consumers who bought the recalled salads and sandwiches listed above should return them to the store for a full refund.
Listeria Food Poisoning
Infections with Listeria monocytogenes can be severe or fatal, especially for young children, older adults, and people with vulnerable immune systems. Pregnant women can also suffer a miscarriage or infection of the newborn. The symptoms can include a high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain, and diarrhea.
Need a Food Poisoning Lawyer in Texas?
Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged.
Collen’s amazing success in the courtroom and well known dedication to his clients has earned him the recognition of his peers as one of The Top Trial Lawyers in Texas.”
The Clark Firm has assembled a team of trial lawyers with more than 100 years experience, participation in over 600 jury trials and $260 million in verdicts and/or settlements. Please use the form below to contact our law firm for a free case review.