Although there are many deadly side effects of Yaz, some women may have been unaware of the risks before they took Yaz, because the pill was initially promoted with misleading claims and without risk information. Bayer is now facing nearly 12,000 lawsuits, including dozens of Yaz wrongful death lawsuits.
Do I Have a Yaz Wrongful Death Lawsuit? Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged. If you or a loved one has been injured by blood clots, you should contact our lawyers immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a lawsuit.
Many life-threatening side effect have been associated with Yaz birth control pills. While these side effects are rare, there is strong evidence that they are more likely to occur on Yaz birth control compared to older birth controls. In fact, after more than a decade of growing evidence, the FDA announced a new warning that Yaz may triple the risk of blood clots.
The problem is that, before scientific studies established that the drospirenone in Yaz was probably more dangerous than other synthetic progestins (such as levonorgestrel), many women purchased and used Yaz because they thought it was safer and superior to other birth control pills. The initial ads for drospirenone birth control pills claimed that they could treat acne and PMS, and they failed to include risk information. The FDA called these ads “misleading” in several warning letters. Bayer later ran a voluntary corrective ad campaign, but by that time, millions of women had used Yaz and thousands were injured or killed by its side effects.
Yaz Wrongful Death
If you are the family member of a woman whose death was caused by Yaz side effects, you are not alone. The family members of at least 50 women have already filed Yaz wrongful death lawsuits. Many of the victims of Yaz side effects were young, healthy, and had no risk factors. Some were as young as 17 and had never taken birth control before. By filing a Yaz wrongful death lawsuit, it is possible that you could receive significant financial compensation, as well as justice, for the loss of your family member.
Side Effects of Yaz
There are numerous side effects of Yaz that can cause death. These include, but are not limited to:
- Hyperkalemia: This condition occurs when the hormones in Yaz disrupt the normal balance of potassium in the body, leading to dangerously high levels of potassium in the bloodstream. It often has no early symptoms, until it suddenly causes severe irregular heartbeat that results in cardiac arrest.
- Blood clots: Unlike blood clots that form after an injury, Yaz blood clots spontaneously form deep inside the body. Clots located in the thigh are most dangerous, with approximately half responsible for causing pulmonary embolisms.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT): The name of the syndrome in which blood clots form in deep veins, usually in the calves, thigh, pelvis, or upper arm. Large clots can cause severe venous damage. They can also break off and cause a pulmonary embolism.
- Pulmonary Embolism: This occurs when a DVT blood clot travels to the lungs, clogs a blood vessel, and obstructs the flow of blood into the lungs. It can cause severe oxygen-deprivation and lung tissue damage.
- Cardiac Arrest: This may be a complication of a pulmonary embolism. If there is a blood clot in the lungs, the heart may be unable to generate enough blood pressure to overcome this resistance. Cardiac arrest can also occur when an irregular heartbeat makes the heart unable to pump effectively.
- Heart Attack: Occurs when a blood clot forms in an artery, travels to the heart, and clogs a coronary artery. The heart is deprived of oxygenated blood.
- Ischemic Stroke: Occurs when an arterial blood clot travels to the brain and obstructs a blood vessel. When a small blood clot causes a stroke, this can trigger the ischemic cascade, which results in large areas of brain damage.
Do I have a Yaz Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged.
Collen’s amazing success in the courtroom and well known dedication to his clients has earned him the recognition of his peers as one of The Top Trial Lawyers in Texas.”
The Clark Firm has assembled a team of trial lawyers with more than 100 years experience, participation in over 600 jury trials and $260 million in verdicts and/or settlements. Please use the form below to contact us for a free case review.