Individuals who take Janumet (sitagliptin / metformin) may be at risk of developing pancreatic cancer. If unusual symptoms suggest a possible Janumet pancreatic cancer diagnosis, the patient will likely need to undergo medical tests, including a blood tests, a CT scan, and a tissue sample (biopsy).
Do I Have a Texas Janumet Lawsuit? Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged. If you or a loved one was injured by Janumet pancreatic cancer, you should contact our lawyers immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a Janumet lawsuit in Texas.
Janumet Pancreatic Cancer Diagnosis and Tests
Usually, a Janumet pancreatic cancer diagnosis occurs after a patient visits a doctor with vague abdominal symptoms, weight loss, and a medical history including treatment of type-2 diabetes with Janumet. Symptoms may include:
- Abdominal pain
- Nausea, vomiting
- Unintentional weight loss
Unfortunately, it is rare for an early Janumet pancreatic cancer diagnosis to occur — more than 50% of people are diagnosed with pancreatic cancer after it has metastasized (spread to distant organs or tissues). This is because the pancreas is located deep inside the abdomen, where routine medical tests rarely detect the cancer before it has spread.
How is Janumet Pancreatic Cancer Diagnosed?
The most common tests for a Janumet pancreatic cancer diagnosis include:
- Computed tomography (CT) scan: This is the most useful initial imaging test for diagnosis and determining the stage of pancreatic cancer.
- Biopsy: The only way to conclusively diagnose pancreatic cancer is with a biopsy, which typically uses a minimally-invasive fine-needle aspiration technique to remove cells from the pancreas. These are examined under a microscope by a pathologist who is trained to identify cancer cells.
Other Janumet pancreatic cancer tests may include:
- Blood tests: Pancreatic cancer produces bio-markers that can be detected in the blood, but only after the cancer has spread.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Endoscopic ultrasound
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Laparoscopic surgery
For more information about potential Janumet pancreatic cancer diagnosis, tests, and management, visit the American Academy of Family Physicians website.
Do I have a Janumet Lawsuit in Texas?
Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate about helping Texans that have been injured or wronged.
Collen’s amazing success in the courtroom and well known dedication to his clients has earned him the recognition of his peers as one of The Top Trial Lawyers in Texas.”
The Clark Firm has assembled a team of trial lawyers with more than 100 years experience, participation in over 600 jury trials and $60 million in verdicts and/or settlements. Please use the form below to contact us for a free Texas Janumet lawsuit review.