Over $22 million in settlements and jury verdicts was obtained by The Clark Firm, LLP in 20 months:
- $8.5 Million Verdict: Truck accident in which a driver for an oil rig-moving company crashed into a bridge abutment. Our client was following behind in an 18-wheeler, clipped the crashed rig, and flipped his truck. Click here to read more.
- $3.5 Million Settlement: Oil field worker from South Texas was working in Mississippi on a pipeline striation job. While our client was welding the pipe at a 45º angle, it broke and fell on his legs. Click here to read more.
- $9.2 Million Verdict: On his first day on the job, our client was hit by an oil truck and lost the use of his left leg. Defendants tried to blame the accident on our client, who was permanently injured. Click here to read more.
- $1.9 Million Verdict: An 83 year-old mother with 11 children was struck by an oil field worker who ran a red light. The Clark Firm, LLP obtained $1.9 million for all adult children.
- $8.8 Million Settlement: Collen A. Clark was co-counsel in a dispute over a country club development in East Texas. The case settled for $8.8 million in cash and real estate.
- $3.1 Million Settlement: Royalty interest dispute.
Recent Firm News Posts
In February 2016, Mercedes-Benz was hit with a federal class action lawsuit alleging that a nitrogen-oxide reduction system in BlueTEC diesel cars emits illegal levels of pollution in cold temperatures. Overview The class action (PDF) was filed by Ulyana Lynevych, a...read more
February 18, 2016 —Fresenius Medical Care has reached at $250 million settlement to resolve about 4,300 lawsuits involving heart attacks that occurred in patients who were given GranuFlo or NaturaLyte during dialysis. According to a securities filing, 97% of...read more
Bleeding is the most common side effect of the blood-thinner Brilinta, but it was sold for years without a reversal agent. In an emergency, patients could potentially bleed to death or suffer devastating complications while doctors struggle to deactivate it. Overview...read more
Synjardy controls blood-sugar levels by increasing the amount of sugar excreted by the kidneys in urine. However, because kidney failure is a potential side effect, Synjardy should not be used by people with kidney problems. Need a Texas Synjardy Lawyer? Collen A....read more
Diabetes is a risk-factor for kidney problems. Because Glyxambi relies on the kidneys, it may also increase these risks. The FDA has issued warnings about kidney failure from diabetes drugs, but recent lawsuits accuse drug-makers of downplaying these risks. Need a...read more
Jardiance helps control blood-sugar levels by forcing the kidneys to remove more sugar from the body in urine. However, it may also increase the risk of kidney failure. Need a Texas Jardiance Lawyer? Collen A. Clark is a true advocate for his clients and is passionate...read more
Xigduo relies on the kidneys to remove sugar from the blood, which may increase the risk of kidney failure. Recently, lawsuits have been filed by people who took diabetes drugs and developed kidney failure. Need a Texas Xigduo Lawyer? Collen A. Clark is a true...read more
The diabetes drug Farxiga significantly increases a patient's risk of dehydration, which can lead to kidney problems. The FDA has also warned about reports of kidney failure that occurred after urinary tract infections spread to the kidneys. Need a Texas Farxiga...read more
Invokamet contains canagliflozin, a diabetes drug that has been linked to dozens of reports of kidney failure and renal impairment. Janssen Pharmaceuticals is now facing lawsuits from people who developed this side effect. Need a Texas Invokamet Lawyer? Collen A....read more
February 10, 2016 — Janssen Pharmaceuticals is facing a growing number of lawsuits alleging that Invokana can cause ketoacidosis and kidney problems. One lawsuit (PDF) was filed in Illinois on October 28, 2015 (Case No 3:15-cv-01195). The plaintiff, Anthony Allen, was...read more